logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Head South Records  
#21 Posted : 05 May 2024 06:44:09(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Aaron takes a menacing step toward Cameron, his eyes flashing with hostility. "Who do you think you are, Yank?" he sneers, his voice thick with aggression.

Lucy cringes at Aaron's confrontational tone, feeling a mix of embarrassment and frustration. "Aaron, just leave it," she pleads, hoping to defuse the situation before it escalates further.

But Aaron ignores her, continuing his tirade against Cameron. "You think you can come in 'ere and tell me what to do? I don't even know your fuckin' name!" he shouts, his words slurred by alcohol and anger. "Watch yourself, mate," he snarls, his voice dripping with venom. "She'll chew you up and spit you out, just like she's done to all the others!".

As tensions rise, Aaron's friends step in to restrain him, pulling him away from Cameron before things get out of hand. "You're lucky, Yank. Next time, you won't be so fuckin' lucky!" Aaron shouts over his shoulder as he's led away.

Lucy lets out a sigh of relief as Aaron disappears into the crowd, grateful for Cameron's intervention. "Thanks for that," she says to Cameron, her voice tinged with gratitude.

Meanwhile, some of the onlookers in the crowd start chanting football songs, taunting Aaron as he leaves like he's been given a red card and sent off the pitch. Aaron shoots one last dark glance in Lucy's direction before disappearing into the crowd.
Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#22 Posted : 05 May 2024 12:37:29(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Cameron just frowns at him. “You really ain't that knowledgeable on the great wonder of music if you don't know who I am dude, names Cameron by the way”. When he starts ranting about Lucy Cameron just ignores him.

As he is led away and Lucy thanks Cameron he sighs. “No problem, I just am not big on confrontation but I am glad his friends pulled him away because I am pretty sure he was seconds away from thwoung his fist in my face.”

Cameron then turns to Lucy. “Look those things he said about you, you know I don't believe him right…in fact after that come here”. He says as he pulls her close to him and give her a comforting hug and then gives her a peck on the lips. “Now let's go and do what we came here to do and that was enjoy the music, shall we”. He says offering his hand as he wanted to lead her closer to the stage.
UserPostedImage
#23 Posted : 07 May 2024 01:08:27(UTC)
Head South Records

Cameron's confort words bring a sense of relief to Lucy. She nestles into his hug, feeling grateful for his support, and returns the peck on the lips with a soft smile. "Thanks, Cam," she murmurs, her voice barely above a whisper, before nodding in agreement. "Let's forget about that..."

Hand in hand, Cameron leads Lucy closer to the stage, the pulsating rhythm of Clinic's "The Witch" filling the air. Lucy's face lights up as she recognizes the song, her enthusiasm contagious. "I love this one!" she exclaims, her voice drowned out by the music.

With a playful grin, she tugs at Cameron's hand, urging him to join her on the makeshift dance floor.

As the hypnotic beat envelops them, Lucy loses herself in the music, her body swaying to the hypnotic rythms of thé song. Ade Blackburn's haunting vocals weave a spell around her, transporting her to another world.

g

Caught up in the moment, Lucy stole a glance at Cameron, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Come on, Cameron!" she teased, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Edited by user 07 May 2024 01:13:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Oona Clarke | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#24 Posted : 07 May 2024 03:26:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron smiles at her when's he tugs at his hand to join her on the dancefloor he chuckles. “Okay, okay”. He says as he comes closer to her and dances with her their bodies getting intimately close to one and other.

“Do you want another drink?”. He whispered into her ear as that was only the real way of communicating over the loud music that was playing. “I can go grab you one?”. He says waiting for her answer, as he did he continued to dance with her, he pulled her close to him and locked his hands with hers.
UserPostedImage
#25 Posted : 07 May 2024 05:30:36(UTC)
Head South Records

Lucy leaned in towards Cameron, "Yeah! Can you get me a beer?" she asked, gesturing towards the bustling bar. "But don't go too far, the gig should start soon".

Lucy couldn't resist stealing a glance at the scouting staff. Bruce, Dave, and Quentin sat together, their expressions a mix of anticipation and critique as they sipped on their untouched pints.

As the night unfolded at Head South Café, we will follow three distinct scenes and group of characters : The Stage, The Crowd, and The Scouts.

On the stage, Scream Team prepared to perform and try to get signed by the label. Band members exchanged quick nods and shared glances, their excitement palpable as they readied themselves to take the spotlight.

Meanwhile, in the midst of the crowd, Cameron and Lucy navigated through the throng of people. Aaron, who lurked nearby with a menacing glare, was not far.

At the same time, seated at a table near the back of the venue, the trio of scouts—Bruce, Dave, and Quentin—observed the scene with keen interest.

As the night progressed, the paths of these three groups would (maybe) intertwine in unexpected ways, each playing a crucial role in shaping the outcome of the evening's events.

Enjoy the show!

(This is an interactive thread, anyone can come by surprise and take part to the story ;) ).

Edited by user 07 May 2024 05:32:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#26 Posted : 07 May 2024 06:22:22(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron smiles at Lucy. “One beer coming right up”. He says as he headed towards the bar. Once their he ordered them both a beer and then headed back swiftly to Lucy.

“Here ya go”. He says handing her beer to her. “Oh I think it's about to start”. He says with excitement in his voice. He could see Aaron in the distance and just frowns taking hold of Lucy’s hand once more.
UserPostedImage
#27 Posted : 15 May 2024 01:47:57(UTC)
Head South Records

Suddenly, the five mates from Scream Team strode onto the stage, exuding a down-to-earth vibe that contrasts sharply with the glitz and glamour of the music industry. There was an immediate contrast between their unassuming appearance and the typical rockstar image. No flashy outfits or pretentious airs here With an air of nonchalance, the quintet grabbed their instrument.

At the scouts' table, Dave made a comment on lead singer's outfit.

- Dave: [chuckling] Look at that lad, with his shirt and pullover combo. He's got the style of a boring librarian!
- Quentin : This is absolutely punk, from a 21th Century perspective.

Then, Kevin Lysander, the lead singer addressed the expectant crowd, his cockney accent slicing through the air like a hot knife through butter. "Hello, Brighton! How's it going?" A ripple of cheers cascaded through the venue, setting the stage for what was to come.

A drumroll reverberates through the room as the lead singer addressed the audience with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

h
(Kevin Lysander)

Kevin Lysander : "Well, we're doing good too. We are about to sing our.....VERY.... BEST.... SONG!!!!" (Screaming)

At this moment, in the crowd, Lucy turned to Cameron, laughing "Oh my god!! The way he speaks! and his style!!! "

Kevin Lysander: "This song is already number one in Sussex!!!!!"

[Crowd chuckles and cheers.]

Kevin Lysander: "Number one in northern Derbyshire!!!!"

The absurdity of his statement provoked even more laughter and cheers.

Kevin Lysander: "Number one in southern Derbyshire!!!!!"

The crowd's energy built with each proclamation.

Kevin Lysander: "And number one in Dagestan!!!!"

The room erupted into cheers and screams, thoroughly warmed up by the singer's absurd intro.

Lead Singer: "This song is about waking up one morning and losing the one you love."

"Ready Scream Team?" He asked his bandmates before starting.

The song begins with a steady and brutal drumbeat, setting the rythm for what's to come. The drums are soon joined by the guitars and bass. Each member of the band brings their own unique flair to the performance. Chris Thewlis on lead guitar, Toby Armadillo (strangely dressed liked an old lady), on rhythm guitar, delivering jerky math rock riffs that captivate the crowd. And then there's Jenny Behynde, the enigmatic and discrete bass player, always behind her bandmates, and Tom Fumner on drums.

t
(Toby Armadillo)

With a cockney twang that cuts through the air like a sharp knife, lead singer Kevin Lysander grasped the microphone tightly in his hand. Meanwhile, the guitarists began to deliver heavy riffs,

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now that she's gone,
I can't go far

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now I'm walkin'
Feeling retarded

(As the first verse unfolds, the guitars transition into intricate art-rock riffs, providing the perfect backdrop for Kevin Lysander's narrative)

Woke up this morning, feeling fine,
I was ready to roll
Got my ticket to ride
I stepped outside, but what did I see?
An empty space,
where my car should be!

t
(Chris Thewlis)

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now that She's gone,
I can't go far.

They stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now I'm walking
Man, that's hard!

She wasn't that cool
But I need it bad
A rusted old heap
But it was all I had.
I wish they'll bring her back,
Without a scratch or dent,
Oh why did they take it?
Without my consent

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now she's gone,
I can't go far.

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Hey rozzers!
Where's my car????

But I can't help but worry
What if I never find her?
She must be so scared
Without her own beloved driver (I mean....me)
Will I ever see my trusty ride again?
Or will she end up in some chop shop?

j
(Jenny Behynde)

(During a short instrumental interlude, Lysander, standing next Jenny, the silent bassist, like a statue, made a playful attempt to engage her. Though only eliciting a half smile, he proceeded with the bridge, his voice softer, bearing the weight of confession shared with the audience)

(Bridge)

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Oh, bloody hell
They stole my car...
(Screaming)

All these memories we had together
Riding in Cornwall
Vanished
Now I'm stuck
On the sidewalk
I can't be transported
And no more leather seats to sit on
On foot, I sweat, with every step I take,
No wheels beneath me
I feel so...
Pedestrian

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now that she's gone,
I can't go far.

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Now I'm walking
Man, that's hard!

Stole my car,
They stole my car,
Stole my car,
WHERE'S MY FUCKIN' CAR????
(Screaming)

(Reaching the end of thé song, his voice sounds softer, With a tone of confession shared With the audience)

(Outro)
She wasn't just a car, she was my pride!
From bumper to bumper, so much more than steel
Smooth on the curves, she was my ride!
She may not have been perfect,
But she got me where I needed.
Please send her back...
To me....

(As the crowd erupted in cheers, Kevin Lysander hummed the lyrics of "Drivin'" by the Kinks, his voice carrying a plaintive tone)

"Forget all your problems and get in my car
And take a drive with me
The sandwiches are packed, the tea is in the flask
We've plenty of beer and gooseberry tarts
So take a drive with me....
Cos we'll be drivin'
Drivin'
Drivin'
Drivin'
Drivin'"

(As Kevin Lysander concluded his performance, basking in the warmth of the audience's applause and cheers, he offered a simple yet heartfelt "Thank you.")

In the crowd, Lucy couldn't help but cheer and applaud as Scream Team left the stage.Their offbeat style had left her chuckling and thoroughly entertained. Turning to Cameron with a smile, she couldn't help but ask for his take on the show.

"So, what do you think ?" she asked, her voice barely audible.

Edited by user 15 May 2024 02:02:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Our Roster :
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#28 Posted : 15 May 2024 02:19:04(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Cameron was excited as the band emerged onto the stage. When Lucy mentions the way he speaks he chuckles. To Cameron everyone hear sounded pretty much the same to him when it came to accents. “He talks exactly like you do”. Cameron says not being able to tell the difference from one British accent from another but then again most British people can't really tell American accents apart all that well either.

When the show is over and Lucy asks him what he thought Cameron nodded. “They actually where really good, I liked them a lot, they had great energy that's for sure.”
UserPostedImage
#29 Posted : 16 May 2024 20:39:21(UTC)
Head South Records

During Scream Team's performance, the three scouts(Quentin, Dave, and Bruce) were unusually silent, soaking in each second of the song. Their silence was punctuated only by the knowing glances they exchanged. Halfway through the set, Bruce leaned over and murmured, "Got a bit of The Fall in them, don’t they?"

Dave nodded, adding, "Yeah, and a touch of Art Brut."

Quentin remained silent, his eyes narrowing as he took in the performance. When the song ended, he took a sip of his pint and finally spoke. "I can’t decide whether they are clever people pretending to be stupid who aren’t as smart as they think they are, or stupid people pretending to be clever who are brighter than they realize. Not that it matters, really."

Dave grinned. "I say we sign them. There's something there."

Bruce was more cautious. "They’re a good surprise, sure. We might get one or two solid albums out of them, but can they survive longer? Their style is quite specific. How do they evolve from here?"

Quentin, waved a hand dismissively. "If Head South can produce even one cool album with them, it’s worth it. They have that spark."

Bruce glanced at the crowd, noting their enthusiastic response. "Well, the audience certainly enjoyed it."

Amidst the throng, Lucy was delighted to see Cameron enjoying Scream Team. "That was totally unexpected". She added "I wonder if we're gonna sign them. It would be a bold move for sure."

Meanwhile, Aaron overheard two of Lucy’s colleagues chatting nearby. They were gossiping about Lucy's new boyfriend. Aaron’s ears perked up. The name they mentioned was Cameron Jacobson. A singer.

Aaron and his mates quickly pulled out their phones, Googling the name. As the search results popped up, Aaron’s face twisted into a scowl. "So that’s who she’s with now," he muttered darkly.
Our Roster :