logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:31:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Released: October 3rd, 2014
Format: Digital Download, CD, Vinyl
Recorded: 2012-2014
Genre: Pop, Electropop, Dance, R&B,
Length: Standard Edition - 48:28, Deluxe Edition - 56:27
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe, Phil N., George Reid, Aluna Francis, A.R. Rahman, Lilly Stuart, Isaac Lovelock
Producer(s): Gia Rose-Hilton, The Outsyders, Dominic Brown, George Reid, mISTER_b, Airemese "Rum" Smith, Dreamlab, Cirkut, Phil N.

UserPostedImage
All Eyes On Me is the fourth studio album from Pop recording artist and actress, Isabel, released on October 3rd, by Studio60 Records. The album serves as her second compilation this year, having released an EP earlier in 2014. Merjos has stated that the album was influenced by the likes of Britney Spears, Rihanna, and her own earlier music. Lyrically, AEOM focuses on Merjos and her new attitude on her life and career, showing her maturity as well as growth as a person and artist. There's also lyrics that hint at or briefly discuss her relationships and friendships as well as her new found acceptance with her fame. Musically, AEOM is an album rooted stylistically in Pop while incorporating elements of R&B, EDM, Electronic, and even alternative rock.

So far, the album has received generally positive reviews, some of who thank Isabel for delivering material that could quite possibly be on the same level or even better than her previous album, which received mostly positive reviews as well. Music critics have complimented her maturing lyrics and sound as well as the production quality.

The lead single, "Rule The World" peaked at number 2 on the charts. The second single, which leaked online, "What Comes Next" peaked number 1. Both singles were also released for mainstream radio and performed successfully there as well. The album has been promoted, so far, through performances on GMA: Summer Concert Series, Chaos VIII Awards, Jimmy Fallon and Just A Dose. Some upcoming promotion scheduled will be the FCA's, Walmart Soundcheck Concert, The Today Show and more to be announced. She has also announced the album will be followed by a world tour next year.

UserPostedImage
After her third album, Isabel reluctantly took a break from music and began writing already for her upcoming album. "After going through a few break ups and friendships dissolving, it was a rough year. I just felt like after everything seemed to be up in the air, it was all crashing down around me." After seemingly disappearing from music, she returned in late 2012 to announce she was releasing her first EP in early 2013, "Release" and it went on to debuting number one. "I had been writing non-stop after Dancing In The Dark. I just felt like I had so much more to say, you know? And so I put some of the songs on Release because they were perfect for it, for what I was going through. The other songs....are like the aftermath. I mean, I just felt so happy after that EP was finished, like I recorded all my sadness into it. All Eyes On Me is, for the most part, mid-tempo with some good dance tracks and upbeat songs. I did save the ballads though because they meant a lot to me. Things that I wanted to say but just never really had the guts to say or had a reason to say, are on this record. That's why it's so important to me because this is as close to me as fans can get."

She announced in her Billboard interview, that she had in fact been working on an album after the release of her EP. She then revealed the album name, "All Eyes On Me" which she credits to her critics for giving her the idea of. "After my third album, you know all I was hearing was, 'Whatever you do after this, everyone will be watching. They'll be looking to see if you can live up to all the hype and demand of an artist' so I figured, why not name put together songs that show why I've gotten this far in my career and that I'm not just a one trick pony. It's a bit of satire throughout the album too because there are some songs on there I made that I knew would make people go, 'Wait, did she just say that?' because I know how I'm viewed. I really stepped out of my comfort zone on some of these tracks and got emotional, which happen to be some of my favorite tracks on the album. I recorded a lot of songs and cut them down the ones I thought best fit the album and what I want to be heard."

She also teamed up with some new producers and songwriters. "I love working with new people, just to see how they work and if they can somehow work with me and we can create something different. I worked with Gia because she's always my top choice of producers and Phil N. as well. Sunny, she's just a genius so I definitely wanted her on the album and then working with Dominic was fun. He's been in the studio a lot this year, working on other people's tracks and albums so I knew he'd give me the good R&B tracks. I had the chance to work with Rum of Rum & Coke for the first time and it was great. She's really artistic and has a great ear for music. Of course, mISTER_b is like a brother to me and he's always had my best interests at heart so it was just very fun to work with some familiar faces but then branch out to other people and tune up my sound."

Following the first single, a lot of people speculated she might shed her innocent girl image and start to take on more adult themes. "It's-majority of my purpose for this album has been to grow up. And I did, I really did. I grew mentally, spiritually, physically, emotionally. I'm definitely not the same girl that recorded Dancing In The Dark. I wasn't in the same frame of mind, I had more to talk about, more serious and heartfelt topics."

UserPostedImage
Musically, All Eyes On Me is mainly Pop but Isabel also explores other genres such as R&B, Dance, Electronic, worldbeat, and alternative rock. The first track, the album's title track, is R&B and Hip Hop as Merjos sings about 'starting the show' the metaphor used for her career and introducing the album. It includes a heavy bass, schoolbells, engine sounds, claps, and electro beats as well as hoover synths, synth handclaps, an Eastern-inspired tone and chants. The song has a rap-sing approach to it, as Isabel, who has rapped on previous singles before, declares her readiness for everyone to see what she's been working on stating, 'It happened on the 3rd day' referencing the release date of her album. Next is the heavily synthed, 'Rule The World' which serves as the lead single of the album. The matured lyrics about finding an equal mate who can keep up with her, oozes catchy lyrics and a feel good summer track. 'Catch Up!' is bollywood inspired, tribal electropop and worldbeat song with influences of indian music. The lyrics talk about being underestimated and rising above her peers who tried to slow her down.

'Love On Repeat', the track produced by Rum, is R&B and electronic, with synths and hand claps. On this song, there's a sense of sex appeal, as with 'What Comes Next' and both tracks have lyrics on being with a lover, sort of going through a cycle with them, even though they know it's probably not going to give good results but she enjoys the spontaneity in the relationship and it sort of works against all odds. 'One More Time' is an EDM inspired track produced by mISTER_b which lyrics tell about acting on that spontaneous feeling even if for one more time. 'Young & Restless' features hip hop rapper Isaac Lovelock, and is a dance pop track with horns and thriving percussion which makes you want to dance. The lyrics are a satire of how Izzy sees herself perceived by the media as being 'restless' and 'unable to stay in one place or with one person' over her career.

'Bounce Back' is a dancehall inspired track which talks about being able to return to her music career in such a forceful way. She also says the track is an inspirational message for her fans, as to not be discouraged by other people. 'All These Lights' is another song which plays on the metaphor of fame and her career. In the song, she talks about loving being in all kinds of lights, spotlights, etc and accepting her fame, knowing when to perform and when to not. The stomp beat also has elements of a rock pop song with heavy usage of synths on the chorus and half-rapped lyrics as in the first track. 'Say To Me' is a pop ballad produced by Phil N. It can also be described as a power pop song. It begins with a minimalist keyboard instrumentation, which puts emphasis on Merjos "anguished vocals" in which she sings about coming to the end of a relationship. Critics praised the track and called it one of her most powerful and strong vocal performances she's ever had. 'Collide' is an alternative rock track in which she sings about being pulled in so many directions of her career and being confused as to who she was. The song also features background vocals from a group of Izzybells who were invited to record the track as well as the ending track, 'Sincerely.' The second collaboration on the album features a dubstep track with vocals from Izzy and Eilidh Greene, who was also featured on Kourtney's 'In My Head.'

The track has breathy and sultry vocals from both singers and also peeks into Eilidh Greene's vocal range in which she gives high notes and harmonizes perfectly with Merjos on the other end. Lyrically, the song uses the metaphor of art in which Merjos refers to herself as inspiration for his art. The orchestral dubstep beat is one of the highlights of the track as well as the lyrics. 'In Remebrance' is another pop ballad which features an acoustic guitar and very minimal production where Izzy's vocals really shine as she sings about 'remembering' her old self and how much she has changed and grown. The last track, 'Sincerely' another power ballad, has influences of electro-rock and reggae. It carries a "celebratory, bumping Caribbean" groove and a marching-drum beat with shuffling dancehall influences. The instrumentation includes jittery keyboards, synthesizers, percussion and electronic musical instruments. The song also consists of electronic flourishes and looped riff patterns brought about by an organ instrument. Lyrically, Merjos states the song is a dedication to her fans for sticking by her side and being able to experience her happiness, her pain, and everything in between with them. The track also features fans voices in the chorus with the call and response style.

UserPostedImage
Majority of the album focuses on going through change and breaking relationships with people but there are also moments of acceptance with her fame and all it comes with. "The album is just....an euphoric feeling of everything I've felt in the past 2 years, from my last album to now. I've felt happiness that I couldn't even explain how happy I felt. I've felt so sad and down and then I've been angry and just completely wanting to be done with everything and everyone. Some songs are filled with love and some with sadness or pain. It was fun to talk about new things and different things. I also love most of the songs because I can't wait to perform them. Songs like 'All These Lights' and 'Sincerely' and 'Young & Restless' especially. Two of them are so upbeat and will have some great choreography and other songs like 'Sincerely' will be my bonding moments with my fans." All Eyes On Me's themes range from love to heartbreak to fame to gratitude towards her fans and supporters. Most critics note the creeping up of her sex appeal in most songs, and appreciate the subtly without sounding too desperate and unlike herself.

UserPostedImage
Rule The World
Released: May 29th, 2014

What Comes Next
Released: July 02, 2014

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 28 October 2020 07:01:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 15 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 15/09/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 15/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 15/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 15/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 15/09/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 15/09/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 15/09/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 16/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 16/09/2014(UTC), Magiiiic on 17/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/09/2014(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 18/09/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 29/09/2014(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/05/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 15 September 2014 05:48:30(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
OOC: Very much looking forward to this! You always bring it with Izzy, so I've got high hopes. No pressure. :p
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 15/09/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 15 September 2014 06:41:54(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Very excited for this can't wait to see how it turns out! :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#4 Posted : 15 September 2014 09:48:54(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Ooc: The graphic design be ballin on this. Nice job!
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 15 September 2014 11:58:02(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Very much looking forward to this! You always bring it with Izzy, so I've got high hopes. No pressure. :p

OOC: Thanks! None at all Razz

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Very excited for this can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

OOC: Thanks :)

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: The graphic design be ballin on this. Nice job!

OOC: Lol, thanks, I tried my best to be creative with this thread.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Mckenzie-  
#6 Posted : 15 September 2014 23:17:02(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
OOC: Goodness me, this is how you open an album RP haha. This is incredibly good, every section is very informative. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 16 September 2014 02:00:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Goodness me, this is how you open an album RP haha. This is incredibly good, every section is very informative. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

OOC: Thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#8 Posted : 16 September 2014 02:32:43(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Okay, I'm sold let me get 4. One for me, one for aire, two for my cousins and niece.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/09/2014(UTC), Magiiiic on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#9 Posted : 16 September 2014 02:35:11(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Ahhhhh! I'm soooooooo excited! I seriously can't wait to hear every song. I know they'll each blow my mind lol. Love you.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 16 September 2014 22:50:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Kidd: Okay, I'm sold let me get 4. One for me, one for aire, two for my cousins and niece.

Isabel: None for the dog? :P

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Ahhhhh! I'm soooooooo excited! I seriously can't wait to hear every song. I know they'll each blow my mind lol. Love you.

Isabel: Me too! You've only heard like 1/3 but not all the songs so I can't wait! Love you moreeee.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 17 September 2014 01:28:17(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erich: dancing in the dark has become the thriller of its time. Who doesn't own dancing in the dark? "All eyes on me?" Probably will out do its predecessor. Izzy is older now,her power has only increased. By the time she is thirty,she'll have more power than magneto.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Magiiiic  
#12 Posted : 17 September 2014 06:03:11(UTC)
Magiiiic

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 27 post(s)
OOC: Look at you, getting all fancy with your graphics lol! Love the whole thing already!
Am I stalking your account and infiltrating your threads ?
DO NOT FRET !!! This is Semeria(kandii)
My password's being a bitch so I'm using a temporary account

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Magiiiic for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 17 September 2014 09:20:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: dancing in the dark has become the thriller of its time. Who doesn't own dancing in the dark? "All eyes on me?" Probably will out do its predecessor. Izzy is older now,her power has only increased. By the time she is thirty,she'll have more power than magneto.

Isabel: The thriller? Stop, that's too much for me :P I'm not even on that level of amazingness but I appreciate the kind words. You're definitely one of the people in the industry who's been a fan for a while, even when I wasn't familiar and I thank people like you for being so amazing :)

Originally Posted by: Magiiiic Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Look at you, getting all fancy with your graphics lol! Love the whole thing already!

OOC: Yup, you know I'm so fancy RollEyes
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 28/09/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 17 September 2014 09:50:21(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post

Isabel: The thriller? Stop, that's too much for me :P I'm not even on that level of amazingness but I appreciate the kind words. You're definitely one of the people in the industry who's been a fan for a while, even when I wasn't familiar and I thank people like you for being so amazing :)

Originally Posted by: Magiiiic Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Yup, you know I'm so fancy RollEyes

erich:aw,stop it. you are going to make me blush myself to death. any hopes of getting into the tough side of heaven will be out the window with THAT on my obituary
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 17 September 2014 10:26:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Pre-Order the new album on iTunes or Google Play today!

UserPostedImage

Standard Version ($9.99)
UserPostedImage

Deluxe Edition Featuring 2 Bonus Tracks ($13.99)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 17/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/10/2014(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#16 Posted : 18 September 2014 16:51:14(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha: #ALBUM4 already! Congratulations baby. What you gonna server for us this round?

OOC: Its NOTHIN but love. Amazing job with your graphics btw.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
erich hess on 24/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/01/2017(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 24 September 2014 03:38:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Live from Hollywood, California last night, Isabel took to the stage to perform her smash hit song, 'What Comes Next.' She was coming fresh off from her amazing performance the night before at the Fan Choice Awards. Instead of going all out, she decided to tone it down this time, as the dancers would be doing most of the work around her tonight. As a way of showing this, she had on a perfectly form fitting tu-tu styled dress with almost the same golden embellishments on it as her dress from last night. Her now long and straight hair was parted to the sides as she looked much more formal and relaxed.

This time, she has her band behind her and it would be the first time hearing the song being transferred from electronic to pure percussion, even though the song was mostly electronic and R&B. She had her signature pink and bedazzeled microphone in her hand. She immediately takes it out of the stand and waits for the quiet count to start her off in the song. The lights start to reflect a purpleish haze in the place as she's standing on stage and there's two sets of dancers who appear on the dance floor in front of her. Instead of her singing the opening line as she usually does, her back up singers give a soft 'You Won't Expect It' and then in comes Izzy with her vocals. They are soft and smooth with a bit of raspiness in them. It was amazing how much her vocals had matured over the course of her career. They had gotten huskier and it made her sound more of a woman instead of a teen girl which benefited her a lot in her music.

UserPostedImage

(You, won't expect it)

Sometimes something so wrong, can feel so good
And I know that I shouldn't do this but then I should
There are no boundaries, I'm letting it go this time
I won't be fulfilled, without your touch I'm not satisfied
Then something takes a hold of me, I'm just a prisoner
And it won't let me go, Keep me by your si-i-de
Something takes a hold of me, I'll be your prisoner
But promise not to let me go, and let me insi-i-de

I'm warning you, you better hold on tight
You're coming with me for a perfect high
Don't you worry about a thing tonight
Cause you won't expect
What comes next (La-da-da-da)
You look at me and it's hard to see
If I'm serious or just insane
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't)

UserPostedImage

She fit in perfectly with the type of atmosphere surrounding her and her track was the perfect mid-tempo track to dance to. The females had on dark purple dresses and the guys grey and purple to match. They were telling a story as she sang, presenting a great visual of the performance as Izzy didn't have to do the dancing this time. Once she finishes the chorus with the back up singers, who provide her with harmonies, she dives into the second verse, her vocals becoming stronger and staying clear. She walks back to the stand and holds it in her left hand while letting it lean a little as she continues singing. She was making sure to give a great vocal performance since she wasn't also adding in choreography for the show.

What you do, you do it well
But you already know, I don't have to boost your ego
My friends all warn me, that I've come too close
But I can't help it, you are what I'm looking for
Then something takes a hold of me, I'm just a prisoner
And it won't let me go, Keep me by your si-i-de
Something takes a hold of me, I'll be your prisoner
But promise not to let me go, and let me insi-i-de

Cause you won't expect
Cause you won't expect

She walks back to the other side of the stage, as it was all she could do for her tamed performance, and the dancers had all eyes on them, but their ears belonged to Isabel. She came in with the chorus again, her singers once again providing harmony and riding the melody with their beautiful voices. They were dressed simply in black so they wouldn't stand out too much but their voices weren't making that so easy. However, they didn't upstage Izzy or cause all attention to go with them which worked well for the young singer. She may not have had the best vocals but she could very well maintain her own when it came to singing.

The speaking part came, Izzy stared seductively at the crowd and the dancers, almost narrating their dance movements as they continued on. Her low and husky vocals were definitely on point and she didn't miss a beat. The band behind her were doing well with sounding as close to the actual track as possible, some tweaks here and there, but the song sounded great. The crashing of the cymbals provoked her to sing with more feeling now, as she was about to close out the song. The lights had managed to stay the same and not really change much which could be said for Izzy on stage. Besides walking up and down the stage, she didn't give one of her flashy performances she's known for but it didn't hurt her at all.

[Spoken]
Take me to that place, take me in you arms
Hold on tight, make me all yours
Show me how you do, what I've never seen
I swear that I won't bite your penis, I'll show you what I mean

She gives one final sing of the chorus, wrapping up her performance as well as the dancers. She adds in some ad-libbing but she doesn't overdo it. After all, she didn't want to leave a bad taste in the audience's mouth. She felt she had done a great job considering last night she really put on a show. Although it was pretty tame and maybe 'slower' than her usual live performances, she thought everything went perfect, and she ended just like that on her final note, which called for her now doing what she neglected at the beginning. In a soft and soprano voice, she belts out the ending line.

Cause you won't expect
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't expect it)

The dancers end up at the steps, where Izzy is still holding on to the microphone stand. The audience claps and cheers for her as she smiles out and feels as if she'd done a job well done.

UserPostedImage

Edited by moderator 03 October 2014 02:01:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 24/09/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 27 September 2014 04:15:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Released: October 3rd, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2013
Genre: Hip Hop, R&B
Length: 1:18
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): The Outsyders, Dominic Brown

UserPostedImage

All Eyes On Me (Intro) is a song from Pop singer, Isabel and is the opener for her fourth studio album, All Eyes One Me. It was written by Isabel and Sunny Monroe, who has co-written half the album with the singer and also produced tracks as well. The production for this song, however, comes from The Outsyders, an American duo, formerly known as The Wildcats, who have also worked with Pixie Love on her previous album, and Dominic Brown. Izzy recorded the track in Los Angeles and finished it when she was also visiting London for fashion week in 2013. It serves as an intro, only being 1 minute and 18 seconds long and ending abruptly at the end, going directly into the second track, Rule The World. The instrumentation of All Eyes On Me consists of a heavy bass, schoolbells, engine sounds, claps, and electro beats. It also consists of hoover synths, synth handclaps, an Eastern-inspired tone and chants. Isabel's presence on the track has a shocking amount of sensuality and even sounds sexual but with a playful tone behind it all.

To describe her vocals would be 'sultry' and 'playful' as well as 'fun' with the lyrics mainly being about her album, her current mood, and releasing the album for everyone who was waiting. The lyrical content of the interlude is spare and largely revolves around Izzy chanting, "off off off off off off off," with the heavy bass following her vocals. The track opens with her humming to the beat of the hovering synths and then enter the handclaps as she spells the name of the track. She uses the opening line, "It happened on the 3rd day, they were waiting for the show to start" to refer to her album being released on the 3rd of October. Throughout the song, she continues saying they can't keep their eyes off meaning her peers and spectators, critics, and anyone else who were anticipating the release. She shows off her new found attitude and confidence as she claims she demands attention from anyone without even trying hard. After chanting the chorus and going into a second verse, the song ends mid-verse and mid-lyric with a fade at 1:18. Many critics said "Ending the track when it seemed to get promising, was terribly brilliant and hope to see a part two in the near future." Another review states that "It was refreshing to see Isabel dip into something new and different as opposed to her standard, cookie cutter songs with infectious beats and cheesy lyrics."

====

(Hums)
A-L-L E-Y-E-S O-N M-E, O-N M-E
A-L-L E-Y-E-S O-N M-E, O-N M-E
Now wa-wa-watch

It happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day)
They were waiting for the show to start (show to start)
And now it comes so naturally (so naturally)
Have 'em standing at attention

Can't take their, eyes off, off
Off, off, off ,off ,off
Off,off,off,off,off
Off,off,off

Just can't wait to see this
A bit conceited
You won't believe it
Never needed a reason
Off, off
Off, off, off ,off ,off
Off,off,off,off,off
Off,off,off
(They can't take theirs off)

I can't keep this a secret
You know you need it
Keep this repeated
Never needed a reason

And it happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day)
They were waiting for the show to start
And it happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day, 3rd day)
Now they're waiting for the show to start
Oooh, they can't take their eyes off (ooh)
Just sit back and enjoy the show...

Sound Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 27/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/09/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 27/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 29/09/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 13/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/10/2014(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#19 Posted : 27 September 2014 04:20:31(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
OOC: Let me get my pen and pad and take notes it's looks you you are really trying to make a legit album to give to a record company, you using this for practice?

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 27 September 2014 04:23:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Released: May 29th, 2014
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2013
Genre: Electropop
Length: 3:46
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Gia Rose-Hilton, The Outsyders

UserPostedImage

Rule The World is a song recorded by Pop singer Isabel Merjos for her fourth studio album. It was released on May 29th, 2014 by Studio60 Records. Produced by Gia Rose-Hilton and The Outsyders, snippets of the song had been posted on the internet via Merjos following up to its release day. She also took to her personal website page where she gave teasers of lyrics to the song such as 'Together we can...Rule the world' with the date '5.29.14' posted in black and pink letters followed by a trending topic, #RuleTheWorld which was trending on Twitter as the number one topic for three days. Rule The World is an uptempo electropop song with characteristic sirens and repetitive hook. Described by Merjos as a self-empowerment and female anthem, the lyrics suggest finding her equal in someone else, possibly a man. Critics and reviewers praise the catchy hook and chorus, as well as intelligent verses. Some also call it one of Isabel's best songs lyrically, with meaning behind every word and sounds more mature and grown up for the now 21 year old.

Merjos recorded her main vocals in Los Angeles, California and in New York City, New York where she was flying back and forth while recording her album. She enlisted the help of fellow music songwriter, Sunny Monroe, to help write the song. Gia Rose-Hilton, who has worked with Izzy on many of her past albums and singles, also produced the track along with the duo The Outsyders who have worked with Britney Spears before. Izzy posted up different images, possibly from the video, and lyrics from the song weeks before it was released. She performed a snippet of it at the iTunes Music Festival at SXSW where the audience and critics were wanting more. On twitter, her fans, Izzybells, managed to trend the song title for three days as the number one trending topic, generating over 2.6 million tweets for it. The song will also be performed at the 8th annual Chaos Awards as her first televised performance of the single.

The uptempo, electropop song uses dark synths which run through a dance oriented beat. The song has been compared to one of Izzy's inspirations and idols in music, Britney Spears, and her earlier works as well as some music from her 'Circus' album. It's written in the standard verse-pre-chorus-chorus form and the track opens with characteristic sirens and electronic drum patterns. Most noticeably are Izzy's vocals and her tone of seductiveness mixed with petulance to give a very diva-like performance. Izzy portrays attitude in the single, not sounding like the 'little sweet and innocent teen as she usually does' notes on critic. For the most part, she stays at a very low register, only singing higher during the bridge of the song and chorus. Her backing vocals almost sound as if they are taunting and trying to persuade the listener that she 'makes it look easy.' Lyrically, the song is about meeting an equal to the point where the two of them could be royalty and rule the world together. She sings several times, 'Watch me on the throne/I'll be the best you've ever kno-oown.' Her quick-witted and confident vocals are one of the highlights of the song, almost begging the question if Izzy talks like this without the sweet image being thrown onto her.

The song is sure to be one for the summer and it's addictive and catchy lyrics are to thank for that, as well as the dance and electronic beat throbbing in the listeners ears. There's also rumors that the song is hinting at her relationship with Ryan Ross Hernandez but Isabel has neither denied nor confirmed those rumors.

====

[Verse 1]
Look at you, presence always so demanding
Reminding me, of a ruler or a champion
Everything about you screams that you know what you're doing
Nothing bothers you, You've got ice in your veins
Look at me, I know I'm your only equal
Don't worry babe, we'll be nothing of a sequel
Between the two of us there's something, others all around are burning
We both know it's not the money or the fame

Rule the world, rule the, rule the world
Rule the world baby, oh, rule the world
We will rule the world, oh baby
You'll be my king, I'll be your queen
We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
I'll be the best you've ever kno-oown
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You don't believe me?
(Ooh) I make it look easy
(Ooh) Together we can, rule the world

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You know you want it
(Ooh) Just go on, admit it
(Ooh) Together we will, rule the world

[Verse 2]
It's too bad, you always go a little lower
Here's your chance, let me repeat a little slower
We can be just everything that people dreamed but know they can't
Reach that level, it just runs through our blood
I'm not a tease, I've just been waiting for the right one
The way you smile, tells me that my search is now done
I'll never hesitate to take what's rightfully mines anyway
That's who I am, And I know I'll never change

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

[Bridge]
It don't make sense that you would ever downgrade
(Rule the world, rule the, rule the world, rule the world baby)
Just one kiss could easily help to persuade, but I know you're better than tha-at

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Sound Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
genocidal king on 27/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/09/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/09/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 29/09/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 13/10/2014(UTC)