logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2014 20:12:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

DETONATE [ALBUM]

UserPostedImage
Album Title: DETONATE
Artist: Edward Barát
Release Date: December 29th, 2014
Recorded: 2013-2014
Label: Songs To Live & Die By
Genre: Synth Pop, Synth Rock, Electropop, Alternative Rock, Electronic Rock
Producers:Edward Barát [exec.], Joel Little [exec.] Brandon Rogers, Tat Tong , James Urie, Chris Corner, Alex Hope, Jim Abbiss, Olly Alexander

Background

DETONATE is the highly anticipated and long awaited debut album by recording artist Edward Barát set to be released through Songs To Live and Die By on December 29th, 2014. This marks the first official album release by Barát since he emerged in the industry years ago as apart of the second season of Starfactory. Luckily for Barát, who stood out as being a destined future star from the very moment he hit the stage stapled himself as a future star in music even with leaving the show just weeks later for unknown reasons. Despite popular belief, Detonate hasn't ever experienced numerous pushbacks like many believe but instead was never a main focus of Edward's until he felt the very time was right. He began work on the album 2013 and finished the record in mid 2014. When Edward left Starfactory in 2012, the up and comer went very quiet and some looked at him as just another act that faded into obscurity, fortunately he emerged a year later and surprised his anxious fans at 2013 GOLDIE's with exciting information. He exclaimed that he was working on a full length debut studio album. The ever so stylish singer also confirmed that he had signed a record deal and just days later it was announced that he had signed an album deal with popular independent record label, Songs To Live and Die By. After signing the record deal, Edward began writing for the album and began gathering ideas for the record and producers he was interested in working with for the project. The early stages of the album was put on a stand still in 2013 as Edward signed up for Celebrity Big Brother. Being on the show gave Edward some exposure but not for long. Edward explained that he was "too busy" thinking about his album as opposed to having his heart in soul in trying to win a reality tv show competition. The studio homesick Barát resumed work on his album after he was voted off the competition and even stated that as soon as he dropped his bags off at home after he left the show, scheduled a studio session with Chinese producer, Tat Tong. It would be a while for before we got the first official single from the album as Edward was not only in the process of writing and recording material, he was also finding his niche musically through all of this.

Until 2014, when we first got a taste of the sounds of Edward Barát we were exposed to his very first release the alternative rock driven demo "Showman", a song Edward often performed in small night clubs in California while trying to make a living and make it big in music. The record was much more rock driven but it's quite different from what we hear in Edward's music today. Edward also reflects on that whenever he is asked about his decision to change up his style musically and experiment outside of rock. "Today, my music is a lot different from what I sounded like in 2011, and that's because I grew as a musician and heard and saw and got inspired by so many different things and sounds. Rock n' Roll will always be in my blood but there is so much more different sounds I've always wanted to experiment and today I've grown not to pigeon hold myself in rock music and in the album you see that I've created a balance between who I am today musically and my love for the genre that made me". While in the studio, before even production and recording began, Edward reflected on how he wanted to sound on the record. He always had a love for alternative pop and dark pop music and wanted to incorporate that in his music when re-emerging musically some months later. The dark beats, rigid bassline's and deep hooks seemed to go extremely with Edward's vocals, sensuality and overall lyrical content written so far at the moment in the albums early stages. Although nervous about how it would be received in a pop and rock dominated world, Edward felt that going for an entirely new sound of his own would create a lane for himself musically to continue to experiment and flourish as his own identity in the ever changing music industry and at that moment, his identity meant the most.

Background [cont.] & Production

When the writing process of the album was finally finished in October of 2014, Edward was finally ready to record the album. He was very specific about initial sound of the record and was very hands on in the general production values of the album. Edward called on producers Brandon Rogers, Tat Tong , James Urie, Chris Corner, Joel Little, Alex Hope, Jim Abbiss, and Olly Alexander to help him create the production values of Detonate. These producers worked very hands on with the record with Joel Little executively producing the album along side Edward. Edward reflected on his love for Joel Little and his eagerness to record the album and make it everything Edward wanted. "And it was like, wow. Joel Little. I remember meeting with him for the very first time in New Zealand after a show and he's just like telling me how much I have what it takes and I've heard that all before and I was very, very flattered but I didn't really know what he would be like to work with and he really stuck with me because he genuinely had my best wishes at heart and was just very eager to work and it was really nice to see someone who believes in me as much as he did. I spoke with him through email for days since we kind of crossed paths after meeting that one time and a month later we met in the United Kingdom. I told him exactly how I wanted my music to sound and sent him some earlier cuts from the extremely early stages of Detonate and in the studio he presented me with the demos and cuts of the tracks he produced on the album and I fell in love with each and every one of them and I'm just like, dude, you totally get me. You need to be the executive producer for my album and we just vibed out and finished two records that same night. One of them being Gin & Juice, and the other being Unholy Ones". Over the course of the next few months, Edward would meet, talk and record with with a range of other producers stated above to birth, Detonate". The album was finished inlate summer of 2014 and it took some weeks for each of the tracks to be mixed and finalized before the first single of the record was to be released. In October the first single was chosen for the album and that was "Fucked It Up Again"

Singles

Edward Barát took to social media to announce the first single [Fucked It Up Again] of the album and it was premiered just days later and was set to be released on October 26th, 2014. The record was met with a universal acclaim mostly due to Edward's surprising choice to release a heart tugging and captivating electrorock driven dark pop ballad like F.I.U.A since the record generally wasn't what people were expecting since before this release, Showman, was the only thing people heard from Edward musically and so didn't know the direction he was set to go in. Fucked It Up Again proved to be a major success for Edward reaching #2 on the Airplay Charts and #5 on Digital Outlets. Surprisingly, Edward went through some trouble to have the successful single released in the first place. He states "I fought with many people, mainly my former manager about the first single of the record and that's why I don't work with him today. Generally, there were a few choices as to where we were going to go with the first single of the album. Fucked It Up Again was not in the equation in my managers mind because of the curses in the chorus and even though he loved the song as just an album cut, he didn't think radio would embrace the record and audiences wouldn't take to it. He was MUCH more in favor of track number 10, the only major uptempo on the album,"Tongues", since he felt it connected better with my showman persona people know me as but I wasn't in favor of that. I didn't want to give people what they were expecting and he didn't like that Tongues wasn't what I wanted to go with at the end of the day. Things got really heated, he told me if he wouldn't like to work with me if I didn't go with his career advisement and we just broke off. At the end of the day, it's my career and what I choose to do with it is really solely up to me in the end. I was told Fucked It Up Again would flop and I would be nothing, but when it took off all I could throw up is middle fingers".

The single did in fact took off, after the success of the single "Detonate" was green lighted by Songs To Love & Die By and the second single was chosen. When Edward saw that his edgy lyrics were embraced, he looked to take it a step further with the next release from the album, it's second single Unholy Ones. The controversial record which was produced by the albums executive producer Joel Little, drifts off into the subject of homo-eroticism and was released as the albums second single. The sensual record easily showed Edward "overarching talents in crafting a song that not only bolsters chart-worthy propensity, but quality" was premiered and released to radio and digital outlets on December 4th, 2014. The record became a massive success topping the Airplay Charts, giving Edward his first ever number one single. The single also became a crossover pop smash record as well topping the pop radio chart, and alternative radio chart. The single received the same success over on the digital outlets charts coming in at #1 and selling a massive 305,000 copies. Some look at Edward Barát's "Unholy Ones" as the gay anthem of late 2014 and 2015 and some even went on to say Edward changed the way gay acts will release future records that can and will appeal to their demographics and not what they feel will be accepted by others. With the cultural shock still in place, Edward wasted no time in releasing another taste from the album. "Someone To Watch Over Me" was released just alittle more than a week after Unholy Ones as a promotional cut from "Detonate". With James Urie by his side, Edward really returned to his rock roots with Someone To Watch Over Me, still synth heavy and electronic rock driven like his previous singles from the album...Someone To Watch Over Me really drifts into the depths of alternative rock that screams his "Showman" days. Edward reflects on his choice to record and release Someone to watch over Me: "I mean like, Someone To Watch Over Me as well as some other cuts on the album was recorded to really say fuck you to the people who insisted I sold out on rock music. I never sold out or even had those intentions. Never have I wanted to completely abandon rock music but that's not all I am capable of doing. Someone To Watch Over me is really a personal favorite of mine and James is just so perfect on it. I know people will love it as much as I do. My older fans who have been with me from the beginning as well as the new ones I've picked up this year, they'l be able to listen to all the other cuts on the album and then reach Someone To Watch Over Me and still be able to listen, it has a great balance and even though it's harder, it fits very well with the other songs on the album". Someone To Watch Over Me has impacted radio with official numbers soon to be determined. This was the last release so far from the album.

Composition & Title

Sonically, from a musical standpoint "Detonate" is an alternative album that reaches the depths of electronic music, alternative rock, synth pop, dark pop and electro rock music that has Edward show is strength as a vocalist, songwriter and versatile artist making the collection of musical sounds come together as one piece and project. As he sings about subject matters having to do with love, depression, heartbreak, overcome, addiction, homo eroticism among other topics with the initial title being thought up by Edward, respectively. The album name was used to represent the album in two different ways and was named just a day before the artwork was created. "Detonate was literally chosen as the name of the album the day I shot the artwork. I was really contemplating a few names and never wanted to name the album before I even recorded music for it. I told myself that I wanted to wait to see what place I was in before the album was released and how the album sounded as one before I gave it a name and just before I named the album I'm just like, I feel like I'm blowing up hypothetically. Fame wise, this album has put me on a platform where my life is going to change forever, it has already changed forever. Now, everywhere I go people know who I am. This album really set it off for me it seems that I've just detonate as I burst in to fame, literally. That was one way I thought about it, also, I felt like detonate was the perfect title because there's just an eruption of different emotions presented on the album and there's just a boom of topics and emotions. Detonate was just perfect and I wouldn't go with any other title for the record. And i seriously, could not be happier with the outcome.

TRACKLISTING

1. Finish The Fight
2. Fucked It Up Again
3. Gin & Juice
4. Hate The Way It Hurts
5. Awaken
6. Unholy Ones
7. Whispers In The Dark
8. On Fire
9. Someone To Watch Over Me (feat. James Urie)
10. Tongues
11. Richer Poorer
12. Have A Life

SINGLES

1. Fucked It Up Again
UserPostedImage
Chart Positions
Airplay: #2
Digital: #5

2. Unholy Ones
UserPostedImage
Chart Positions
Airplay: #1
Pop Radio Requests: #1
Alternative Radio Requests: #1
Digital: #1

*Promotional - Someone To Watch Over Me (feat. James Urie)
UserPostedImage
Chart Positions
Airplay: #5
Pop Radio Requests: N/A
Alternative Radio Requests:TBA
Digital: N/A

3. TBA

Edited by user 27 July 2015 02:27:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
dohaihoangnam on 21/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 21/12/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/12/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/12/2014(UTC), Welat65 on 22/12/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/12/2014(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 26/12/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2014 04:57:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 1 - FINISH THE FIGHT

UserPostedImage
Producers: Joel Little
Length:2:53
Songwriters: Edward Barát

Finish The Fight is the opening track of Edward Barát "DETONATE" album. The record was produced by the albums executive producer Joel Little and starts things off for the album and the correct way as well. Edward wanted the record to feel like an opener as well and entered the studio with Joel Little in the summer after the record was written to find the perfect sound to introduce the record. "Finish The Fight" is a synth driven alternative pop record with hints of electronic music and dark pop sounds that tells a story of overcome but in quite unorthodoxed way. This isn't the typical overcome type of record and Edward had the thought of creating a different scenario when writing the song and used clever lyrical content to get the story across better. The story explains the uprising of a certain person that has been beaten down and "killed off" by another individual, only for that person to rise in revenge and "finish the fight" that was once started, creating a feeling of "never backing down" or "you might be down, but you are not out" as you fight for what you are worth. Musically, The song is very eerie and starts off with a atmospheric tone and clapping beats. Here, Edward can really show off his vocal ability and shines over the simple yet dark beats. One thing about Edward's vocal tone is that it is very clear and listeners of "Finish The Fight" will be exposed to clear lyrics that they could digest easily and hear clearly as Edward sings. As good as the song sounds right now, the song almost didn't make the final cut of the album. Months ago before the album was finalized, Joel Little sent the demo of the track to Edward who at first didn't really like the track which featured backing singer Erik Zullo singing different lyrics. Edward passed the song on but Joel insisted Edward record it for the album. When Edward heard the song once more, he thought Finish the Fight could go very well with the initial attitude and sound of the record and so recorded the lyrics he wrote for Finish The Fight over the beat and instantly fell in love. The record was then recorded as serious album track and was listed as an album opener and finds its way as the opening track to Detonate.

"It's funny because you know, Finish The Fight was actually not going to make the album because I didn't like the original cut of the album. And me being hardheaded, I never even listened to Joel at first about recording the track because you know, I am just hard headed at times. When we did really finish some of the track he produced he really came to me and was like, Edward, I have the beat we've been working on and I think one of the songs you wrote would really work well for the song. I gave it a listen one more time and just decided to record the track just to shut him up and when I did record it and we listened back, I instantly fell in love. I really love the introductory feeling Finish The Fight offers and I wrote the track for people to kind of come into the album feeling a bit empowered for the listen. Production wise it's nothing huge or big because I wanted it to be an intro where people can enjoy and listen to the lyrics and let my vocals tell the story of overcoming a defeat and coming back to finish the fight and ultimately, win."

Finish The Fight

We're not lost in the grave;
We have raised the lives you slayed.
We're embracing our decay
And forgiving our mistakes.
What you thought would tear us down
Will bring you back to shame;
We'll only come together;
We are the ones against.

Welcome to revenge

With our fists in the blackened air,
We'll fight it for our share.
And as we take ours, take your own;
See if we fucking care.
We won't drown in silence;
We'll bring you into the light,
And we're not backing down
Until we finish this fight

I guess we're perfect at lying;
You numbed our scars and bones,
And we lived like we were free,
But it's time for you to know
You never brought us to bliss,
Now we'll bring you to your hell,
And all you'll know of happiness

We will bring you down

See if we fucking care.

As halos fall and shatter,
Rust and stain with blood,
We haven't reached the end yet,
But our hearts have already won.
Can you see the mist crack
Allowing the breaking light
Apocalypse upon them
Now let's finish the fight

No! We're not backing down
We're not giving out
No! We're not backing down
We're not giving out

See if we fucking care.

Let's finish the fight

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/12/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2014 05:02:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 2 - FUCKED IT UP AGAIN

UserPostedImage

Release Date: 10/26/14
Genre: Electro Rock, Synth Pop, Electro Pop
Elements Of: Dark Pop
Songwriters: E. Barat, Chase Ferguson, Reily O'Connor
Producers: Brandon Rogers & Tat Tong

F*cked It Up Again is the first single taken from American Recording artist, Edward Barat's debut album or EP slated for an late 2014/2015 release. The single was announced last week via Edward Barat through his label, Songs To Live and Die By and will also serve as Edward's first official single. The song will also be released on October 26th, 2014 via Songs To Live and Die By. This single is the first release coming from Edward Barat following his first promotional single back in 2011 which was a promotional track called "Showman". Since the release of "Showman" and Edwards big break on the first season of singing competition Starfactory, Edward has maintained his relevance through writing tracks for artists in the industry, being involved in certain controversies as well as appearing on the last season of Celebrity Big Brother not to mention his "coming out" letter he posted through his old website confirming that he was in fact, gay. Through this time Edward didn't do much musically but promised new music was on the horizon and the fans that Edward garnered over time have been anticipating an official release. In 2013, Edward entered the studio to finally work on a project that would be released to the public. The first single, "F*cked It Up Again" produced by Brandon Rogers and Tat Tong was chosen as the first single of what will most likely be an EP due to it's captivating nature and dark pop influences which isn't currently present on the charts at the time by a male artist. In an industry that is so very female dominated, Edward is looking to bring a fresh sound to the table as he looks to take the industry by storm musically.

F*cked It Up Again tells a deep story of a man who has a problem with alcoholism as he tells a story of drinking away all his problems through bottles of alchohol. This is an apparent problem for him that he has been dealing with for a while but due to a certain occurance recently in his life, they have relapsed once more and"f*cked it up again". The production of the track also gets the deep emotion of the track through even better as it has this atmospheric electro pop, rock and dark pop vibe as Edward's emotional but straight to the vocals lets the listener really digest the lyrics as he sings each of the words clearly and deeply. The record isn't heavy on production and generally has a light but captivating feel and only picks up a bit for the chorus where Edward sings over dreamy synthesizers and tripping drum loops in a melancholy manner. Through the track it's heard to really understand what brought on the catalysts recent drinking issue but as the bridge comes across that is finally revealed. The drinking issue is put on because of a recent heartbreak. Where Edward sings about a relationship that was doomed from the beginning but yet that person has become a constant fixture in their nightmares, explain that this person has really taken a toll on him and even compares the person the ever so charismatic Frank Sinatra to the rebel in James Dean. Following the chorus Edward even sings that he, the catalyst still hopes to have a future with this person where he can be good enough for them as this slow and deep track rides out until the end.

UserPostedImage

Finally! It's really taken a long time to get this single out because we wanted to wait until the right time to release it. I'll be honest, there was another single choice that was in the running to be the lead single. It was much "louder" and confident if you will and I think that's what people were expecting because I'm usually outspoken and fierce and I feel like if I released a track like that it would be soooo cliche and expected. I decided that Fucked It Up Again would be perfect to release first from the project just because it's vulnerable and deep and really shows another side of me and gives you a taste of the sound I'm going for. Its like a rock driven dark pop sound that I have always been obsessed with and through this time I have been really finding my niche musically and that also explains the delay in music, and I've found it. Through the past few years I've recorded so many tracks but just recently I've really understood and now I know who I am as an artist and this track not only shows a difference in myself as a songwriter but it generally tells a deep story. People deal with alcholism and heartbreak all the time and I think this track is generally a pleasant listen for everyone. I had to really channel the feeling of my past sadness and vulnerability brought on by a breakup with someone that I genuinely cared for. It's not for the clubs or to dance to like Showman was but something more of quality where you enjoy the lyrics and listen to me tell this story. You know? I generally love this song because I feel like it shows my growth and I can't wait for it to be heard by everyone!

Fucked It Up Again

I open up another bottle I just can’t go to sleep
It fizzes up and sprays all over like the thoughts that I couldn’t keep
It starts real little like a cracked open bottle
But explodes to the drama of a fashion model

I take the first sip and it’s half empty it’s all on the floor
It’s not my fault I didn't even shake it now my thoughts are on the door
I can’t stay here I can’t stay there
Jesus, this it really ain't fair
I should have kept that bottle tight
So I wouldn't be awake tonight

Oh no I made another bad decision
Looks like I fucked it up again
Now I'm stuck here walking with the living
When I belong amongst the dead

I look around my place again and it’s just a mess
I wish my life could take this drama and just give it a rest
This ain’t a home it’s just a house
And it’s feeling like there’s no way out

I take the first sip and it’s half empty it’s all on the floor
It’s not my fault I didn’t even shake it now my thoughts are on the door
I can’t stay here I can’t stay there
Jesus, this it really ain’t fair
I should have kept that bottle tight
So I wouldn’t be awake tonight

We were doomed from the beginning
Only we just didn't know it yet
Once you start it's so hard to stop the sinning
Especially when the whisky's going straight to my head
But yet you were still a perfect mixture
Of Frank Sinatra to my rebel James Dean
Even though you've become a constant fixture
In every single one of my bad dreams

Been out here about one month already
Still unhappy but I'm pushing through
Doing all I can to help my drinking hand hold steady
Hoping someday soon I might be good enough for you

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 22/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 22/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/12/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 24 December 2014 03:18:36(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 3 - GIN & JUICE

UserPostedImage
Length: 3:40

Gin & Juice is the third track on Edward Barát's DETONATE album. The previous record, which was "Fucked It Up Again" gave listeners a general feeling of sadness and vulnerability, but things change with Gin & Juice. Although the record stays with the slow to mid tempoed bassline with atmospheric vibes and synth and electro driven backing beat but the overall attitude of track three is rather different from the two previous tracks on the album. Gin & Juice takes a rather different approach lyrically and is a carefree record about getting drunk and forgetting about your current situations in life, but instead to go out and enjoy life because quite frankly, you only live once. Gin & Juice's early stages came back in September when Edward was in Europe recording the album, and one Friday night after feeling upset about a certain situation went out to a pub and got rather drunk. At the end of the night, on the way back to his hotel he sat in the back of a taxi and just had this instant inspiration to write a record based on the night that he had and the main drink that he had, which was Gin & Juice. On the 20 minute write to the hotel, Edward actually was able to finish the song almost in entirety and at a scheduled studio session with the tracks producer, Joel Little, got in the studio and laid the vocals down over the production and the results were absolutely stunning. The track is a carefree slice of alternative and electropop music that has Edward sing clearly about living free and drunken. When listening to the track you might even a sense of happiness and freeness as Edward sings clearly and well over the catchy track. Although the sound is rather unorthodoxed, it's general production and vocal arrangement can find itself on both alternative and mainstream radio stations. With it's catchy and synth driven clapping beats while Edward croons. The song opens up with those beats and Edward then starts singing. Here, Edward is singing the lyrics in a way in which it sounds as if he is talking to the listener and generally telling them a story of a night out of enjoyment as if he is sitting next to the listener. Many fans could be able to connect with Gin & Juice, and if not could generally enjoy the general sounds and vocals of track three on Detonate.

See, the thing with Gin & Juice and why I love it is because of where it derived from. This wasn't the type of track that came about when I was at the studio brainstorming with a group of writers or something like that but it was really spur of the moment and after we recorded it, I knew it had to be on the album. I love the way it came out. We all have those drunken nights, especially the nights when you are angry and and you just want to go out and have a good time and forget about all the unhappiness and even depression, so why not have some Gin & Juice. I love the carefree nature that came out of this, and surprisingly, it's not the type of cliche party track but is rather laid back. I like that, because I want my listeners to be able to connect with me and absorb the situation and lyrical content. Lyrically, I know it is not my strongest piece of work because I was totally drunken when the song was written but it also works too, because it's easier to understand what the song is about and easier to feel my general feeling of carefree in the song. Love this one here. Gin & Juice.

Gin & Juice

All this gin and juice on my lips
Nothing could be better than this
Going around the cities like the homeless
Meeting some strangers, smokers, druggies and players
You have a cigarette?
Yeah, of course, you naughty boy

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

It's too easy to be wrong and bad
If I'm wrong then I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and doped?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in these nightly cities

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

Oh that gin I had wasn't that bad, so I had some more
He passed me 100 euros, now we gotta get drunk
Such a badass
It's time to leave at last
Even forgot my shameful past
Maybe it's time to get drunk
What about gin and juice?

If I'm wrong then I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and doped?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in these nightly cities

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

Don't wake me up
I don't want to cry myself to sleep again
I just want to say goodbye to an unhappy era

Such a badass

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

If I'm wrong I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and dope?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in nightly cities

Such a badass

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh
OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 24/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 24/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/12/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 25 December 2014 03:57:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 4 - Hate The Way It Hurts

UserPostedImage
Producers: Olly Alexander
Length: 4:10

Remember all the times we'd share
All the things we said we'd try
Was it truth that took us there?
Or was it always just a lie?
You said I meant so much to you
You said I always made you smile
But now the things I say and do
All just don't quite seem worthwhile

What's happened to us?
What's wrong with us today?
I can't believe it's come to this
When we've nothing much to say
What's happened here?
Why's it all become this way?
I never thought from our first time
That we'd ever fade away

I hate the way it hurts inside
The way it feels, the way it stains
And all you want to do is hide
From the shit that still remains
All the fucked up shit we do
Our fucked up insecurites
All the fucked up things we said
And all our fucked up memories

What's happened to us?
What's happened here?
That we'd ever fade away

I've always tried my best for you
And I'm the one who's hurting deep inside
I just hope you don't forget all I can do
To make everything alright again

What's happened to us?
What's happened here?
That we'd ever fade away

I never thought we'd fade away
I never thought we'd be this way
And I hate the way it hurts inside
I hate the way it hurts

TRACK 5 - Awaken

UserPostedImage
Producers: Brandon Rogers
Length: 4:10
Songwriters: Edward Barát. Christopher Reed, Michael Pzam

Can we play dead for a while?
Pretend it's all over,
I need a chance to close my eyes.
Can we escape for a while?
Covered in blankets,
After the storm subsides.
Can you be still for a moment?
There's no need to chase this
Away 'til there's nothing left.
Just feel okay for a while,
'Cause I've never felt so alive...

Bring me alive, awaken me.
Then leave me to die with you.

Can we play house for a while?
And cover every corner,
I'm just sick of laying here.
Can you break out for a while?
This isn't what you're used to,
But if just for me.
Could you love for a moment?
And bring it where you take me,
Don't leave it lost in the dark.
Could you be mine for a moment?
You won't have to stay long,
Just enough for me to know...

I am alive, awakened,
And I will die with you

Could you be mine for a lifetime?
You won't have to stay long,
Just enough for us to live.
Don't you run any further
This is the end of the road,
And you'll get what you want.
It's the end of the road
You've waited too long,
You'll get what you want..."

Are you alive? Are you awake now?
Now you will die here with me.
Tell me you're still here, 'cause I am here now,
And I will die with you."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 25/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2014 10:51:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
Genre: Synth pop, electropop, alternative pop
Release Date: 12/4/14
Label: Songs To Live and Die By
Songwriters: E.Barat, R.Stimson, P.Lively
From The Album: TBA

Brief Background

Edward Barat certainly kept his promise when he stated he would finally be releasing music in 2014. To some, this just seemed like one of his empty promises that have made way since 2011 when he first rose to some exposure after competing on Star factory. Since Starfactory, Edward had seemed to pick up more steam from his personal life and reality shows then his seemingly non existent music career. Aside from releasing a promotional track "Showman" back in 2011, the fierce and outspoken singer songwriter had nothing else to lean on when it came to his discography. However, it seemed that the time was right in 2014 as Edward Barat has really built up anticipation for this new album of here. Mainly because of its leading single "Fucked It Up Again".

Just two months ago Edward released the projects first single "Fucked It Up Again". The single, which was a dark and depressing alternative slice of synth pop became critically acclaimed almost instantly. The track even reached the Top 5 on the Digital Charts and came in at #2 on Airplay showing that there is indeed an interest to the Showman. Edward explained that he was glad with the success of the track since it was his choice to go with that as the first single and not the 'typical' record, and it really worked to his advantage.

Today Edward appears to be releasing another track from this soon to be titled album that is on the horizon. The title of the track "Unholy Ones" is the Showman's continuation to show that he does not intend to make his music safe as he gets ready to release his album. The track was produced by Joel Little and will be released on December 4th, 2014 via Songs To Live And Die By. Unlike his previous work, Unholy Ones has a "Parent Advisory" sticker attached to its artwork, due to the tracks initial meaning and story. There's no surprise that Edward is a gay male and certainly does not hide it in "Unholy Ones" as the tracks exudes homoerotisism. The record pits two males together as they engage in 'Unholy' activities that Edward recalls as he proclaims this listener in his sensual but rigid vocals that go perfectly with the deep synth beats that Edward seems to have found a niche with. Edward sings about these activists as being "right" and "accepting to him" as opposed to being unholy to others over the pounding beats that rise into an unleashing chorus. Its the Edward's delivery with captivating, sensual and the pounding (no pun intended) vibe of the track that makes this track an obvious standout.

UserPostedImage

Unholy ones was really written as a reflection of the first time I fell in love with a man and the first time we engaged in sex. And it was one of the best things that happened to me, and its not because he was amazing in bed, but because I realized that it was that, that I truly wanted and I was living my life in secret for too long. I was told for so long that it was "unholy" or wrong to be involved with another male.

I was always so afraid of going all the way and when I finally did. Wow. It opened up my eyes to who I really was and who I wanted to be all that time. Unholy ones wasn't written to offend anyone, but its truth, its real. So I wrote the song thinking about that first when I thought "this is the way I am suppsose to love". I understand that this record is 10 times more edgy then my last record but I write my music as a reflection to things I feel I have experienced as well as others. And this track here, I know can connect with millions who are "Unholy Ones". Embrace yourself. No matter if you are gay or straight. Embrace others no matter if they are different.

I noticed my reflection
With diamonds in his skin,
His hair in painted flames
Was not my own image
What hurt us both the most
Was such a common loss,
Deceit that made us see
Another way of life…

So I let him inside
And sat him down to talk
He showed me all his darkness,
But all I saw was love.
And there I was, I begged
Show me how to feel
So he brought me to bed
And all I felt was real…

And nothing touched the way he loved,
Except for us, unholy ones,
This is how you’re supposed to love
And everything was said and done
The way we hoped, the dreams of young
This is how you’re supposed to love.

So as we start to dream,
I pick apart this quest
He begins to moan,
A call for my arrest
His kiss brings me to my knees,
And down my body, he wrecks
His fingers trace my chest
As he bows his head.

And gently was the wait,
And reassured was love
We give before we take
It’s something we’ve both learned.
If only they would hear
And there was no divide,
There’d be nothing to fear
And no regret to hide…

Don’t wash this out with bleach
Cause I kinda liked the taste
We were destined for this love

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 25/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/12/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2015 15:58:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 7 - Whispers In The Dark

UserPostedImage
Producers: Tat Tong
Length: 4:00
Songwriters: Reilly Price, Julian Moore, Edward Barat

Whispers In The Dark

One shot before I hit the streets
In black platform boots and leather suits
Two more for the people I gotta meet (gotta meet)
Helps me find the dreams I needa meet (shoulda'meet.)
Dreams that kill that kill me
Dreams that kill me (kill me)

Whispers in the dark
I feel okay,
I feel alright.
Whispers in the dark.
I think I'll go insane tonight.

It's a dark world
One more shot and w'ere on a whirl.
These dreams kill-kill me
Such a small world...
So much to see
And they all laughed(laughed)
Cause I fell for the crack
What demons people can be (can be)

Whispers in the dark
I feel okay
(Whisper in the dark)
I feel alright
Whispers in the dark
I think I'll go insane tonight

There's no place to hide
I think I'm losing my mind
Such a fact, that this is my max
Just about to hit the sack
One more shot...
And I know I'll be fine (I'll be fine.)

Whispers in the dark.
I feel ill
I feel fowl
Whispers in the dark
I think I'm gonna die tonight(die tonight.)

Ruling my mind,
Killing me
These dreams are killing me(killing me.)
One last shot, and I feel alive

Whispers in the dark
I feel ill
I feel alright
Whispers in the dark
Insanity turned to death tonight (tonight)

TRACK 8 - On Fire

UserPostedImage
Producers: Chris Corner
Length: 4:00

On Fire

I saw his kiss,
Would not have missed it,
Even though I never cared.
And all that I felt for him
Was hate and doubt and lack of control.
To me, you're just a mystery,
Pulled out from the crowd in my eyes,
But I don't know if I could take
The sight of his pain inside eyes,
Oh, the heartbreak...

I hate to turn up unallowed,
But I think I should be heard aloud;
I've so been here,
And I've so been through hell.
I really hate to pull apart
Your much beloved, away from heart.
But does he feel the same for you?
I'm sorry but you need the truth.

But if he really loves you,
You should be feeling lucky.
But to really let him in,
You must be on fire.

You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
(4x)

Are you the one?
You're only young,
And I know all his notions.
I've heard the talk, all that he's done,
But worse than that, I've known the hand.
And I won't say to end it there,
But it would help to look ahead
So you can think, so you can breathe
When the end comes.

Well, to have him love you,
You must be feeling lucky.
You must be on fire.

You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
(4x)

Blind faith will never get you anywhere,
Blind faith will never get you anywhere.
Blind faith will never get you anywhere,
Blind faith will never get you anywhere!
Blind faith, it never got me anywhere,
Blind faith, it never got me anywhere,
Blind faith, it never got me anywhere!

Well, to have him love you,
You must be feeling lucky.
You must be on fire.

You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
You must be on fire...
(4x)

He'll probably never love you,
He'll probably never love you.
You know he might just use you.
And he'll probably never fucking care!

Edited by user 10 January 2015 16:02:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 10/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/01/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 11 January 2015 02:35:25(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

Genre: Synth rock, Alternative Rock, Electronic Rock
Release Date: 12/4/14
Label: Songs To Live and Die By
Songwriters: Edward Barát, James Urie
Producers: Chris Corner, James Urie
From The Album: DETONATE

Months ago, thoughts of Edward Barát becoming one of the notable breakout stars of 2014 seemed rather bleak. After constantly pushing back releases, some looked at him as just another empty promise act. Just a few months ago the fellow musician promised new music for the end of the year with an album to most definitely be on the horizon. F*cked It Up Again was released and gave Edward Barát his first taste of real fame as the song surprisingly became a hit. Reaching the #2 and number 5 positions on both charts. With such a sleeper hit on his hand's, some were reminded of the potential Edward Barát always possessed even way back when, when he was on the Starfactory stage exuding his star power, charisma and vocals. Since those days, it is evident that Edward has gone to the drawing board to find who he was musically and his musical niche and when he returned it seemed that is was certainly for the better. Following the single, Edward continued to concentrate on the album that has been very long awaited and in the end when the album was done, he decided to name it "Detonate". It is unknown at this time as to why Edward decided to name the album Detonate but one can assume that is has to do with something "setting off" or "blowing up". Can it signify the detonation of Edward's career? We never know. As of right now, we know that Edward has worked with a few producers, most recently with Joel Little on tracks for the album and that was unveiled with the album's second single "Unholy Ones".

The second single from the album, which was only released last week and has impacted radio and digital outlets, showed true edgy Edward; a far cry from what was presented in the overly depressive "F*cked It Up Again". Unholy Ones is a dark, homoerotic synth filled alternative jam that was universally acclaimed by the music industry due to Edward's honesty and bravery to release a song based on homo eroticism stemming from Edward's realization that he was a gay individual. This has really seemed to garner an interest in Edward as it seems there is a lot more to the self proclaimed showman that meets the eye and that there is in fact, a musical star filled with talent and drive among us. In December of 2014, Edward has confirmed that his debut album Detonate is completed and that he was "never happier with a body of work than his debut" and that "It has so many different topics and sounds that show off my ability to sing and write music" and that it will be "worth the wait". Fans of Edward have waited a long time for the moment they could old an Edward record in their hand and when Edward confirmed the albums completion, twitter exploded in excitement. Detonate is finished, and it seems that Edward has emerged to be a major force in music as no one currently on the charts, looks or sounds like him musically and it has always been his mission to set himself apart from the pack, and fortunately, Edward has done just that.

With Detonate finished and ready to receive a release date, Edward is continuing to give us a taste of what the album is shaping out to sound like. Weeks ago, Barát confirmed that he had entered the studio with rock superstar, James Urie. It is no surprise that Edward was ecstatic about the collaboration because James Urie has always been one of Edward's inspirations in music and quite frankly one of his dream collaborations. This dream that has now come true is also looked at, as one of Edward's major favorites from the album and was quite surprised that James was so open to record a song with Edward considering that James has been on a short break from music to focus on acting before releasing a new album later on in 2015. Today, we get a nice taste of some more Edward Barát but this time alongside one of rocks favorites James Urie. For the record, Edward wanted to get back to his roots and thought James Urie would be perfect for the initial sound of the record. Edward wanted something dark, and rigid that could fit well on the album and after meeting with Chris Conor and James Urie, that came up with the initial background of the record. Edward then brought in his backing beat and production and and instrumentation of the record was put in place as Edward and James wrote the song together bouncing off of ideas. About a week later, they met again to record the dark record and in the end "Someone To Watch Over Me" was born. This automatic standout record has James Urie and Edward trade stories of being their in the time of need of another over guitars, synths and electronic beats. James and Edward's voices mix well together and the chorus is a pure bliss where both of the guys join together to sing over heavy guitars, synths and eletronic sounds. Even though the guitars might be looked at as "heavy" the record is rather midtempoed the whole way through and Edward and James compliment eachother, as you can hear both of their vocals clearly and well over the beats before they join together for the chorus. Edward has vocals that can sound rather well over any type of beat whether it be more pop or rock making him very versatile. On the other hand like Edwward, James Urie shows that his home is on this market but he is very well equipped vocally to sing outside of this type of sound. The edgy beats and lyrical content of "Someone To Watch Over Me" will surely get you ready for Edward's new album as he releases this song to give you a taste of what else is to come. And there's no better way to do this then to unveil a record that he has been a favorite to Edward a he sets us up for "DETONATE". The record, produced by Chris Connor and James Urie is set to be released by Songs To Live & Die By as a release from Edward's debut album, Detonate.

Can you fucking believe that I've got a song with James Urie?! It's insane really. I remember starting to write this record and sent it to James, this was months ago, way before this was even named Someone To Watch Over Me. He declined it very very nicely. He's just like, I don't know if I feel like this is the type of song that I want to be apart of, this is really good however. Take some time to introduce something else and we can move on from there. It was such a bummer cause I felt like since he declined it the first time, his interest in me has ran out all the way. I was wrong, I wrote Someone To Watch Over Me thinking back specific times where you just feel like you want someone to watch over you, love you when you want to be loved, especially when you're going through a rough time, whether it be through times of heartbreak, depression or the desire to be loved. Life would be so much easier if there was someone always there to watch over you, and I wanted to play as that guardian, watching over you as you yearn for love and to be in a better place I wrote up to right before the hook and sent it to James. He got back to me the next day and was ready to finish the writing of the track, followed by the production and actual recording. James is such a pleasant guy and he really enjoyed how this came out when it was done. Really a true dream collaboration! I really hope people love it as much as I do because this record is really a favorite of mine! It's eerie, it sounds sexy, it's dark. ITS SEX!

James
Edward

Behind the thin walls,
I fear you don’t sleep anymore.
It tears me apart,
More than I could ever show you.
Behind the small talk,
I feel you can’t say what you want.
No one is listening,
Though I still want to.

Take my hand, we’ll find you a better place.
You don’t have to believe in anything but yourself.
And I know I can never truly understand what it is you feel,
But at least I can finally try to love what you are.

So let me know,
And I could try to be everything you’ve wished for,
Someone to watch over you
When all seems lost.

So hold me close
As you try to bind the pieces of my shattered heart,
Someone to watch over me
When I finally come home.
So take my soul
And watch me come to life; you can make me whole.
Someone to watch over me,
I’m not alone anymore.

You’re drifting farther,
Towards the place from which you can’t return.
My heart is broken,
I’ve loved you more than this.
You’re getting colder,
But your heart still beats with warmth and love.
All you need is someone to embrace it.

Take my hand, don’t make me watch you fall.
You don’t have to be anyone other than yourself.
And I know sometimes it’s hard to find anything that’s beautiful,
But somewhere inside, could you try to see the light?

Let me in,
And I could try to be the stranger that you’ve always thought,
Someone to watch over you
When hope is gone.

So hold me close
Someone to watch over me
So take my soul
I’m not alone anymore.

It’s too easy to leave me behind.
Is there life left here at all?
Bring me home; I’m done fighting this.
All I want to be is at peace with the world…

I know it hurts to feel alone.
Just know, you were never alone.

So hold me close
Someone to watch over me
So take my soul
I’m not alone anymore.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 11/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 11 January 2015 07:24:35(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 10 - Tongues

UserPostedImage
Producers: Chris Corner
Length: 4:31
Songwriters: Edward Barát, Emily Blackwood

Tongues

You're the master of pain, the author of lies.
What are you feeding me next?
Something in vain? Just to be nice?
Something to hold me against?
Your violent love is smothering me,
I've never felt so safe.
Just don't take for granted the promise we made,
Reassure me if you meant it.

This must be breaking, dominating,
This must be raping, violating.
How do I stand this?
Truth is, I quite like it.

You're talking in tongues; how can I decide,
Is this for me or the other side?
I can't decode you, your mind,
You're talking in tongues.
Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

Drunk on my taste, fixed on my eyes.
So this is your ecstasy?
Then why don't you stay? You want more from life?
What is this shit that you speak?
I don't mind the pain, not this certain kind,
But think of me before you go
And find a new soul, feed my jealousy.
Anymore and I will lose control

This must be breaking, dominating,
This must be raping, violating.
How do I stand this?
Truth is, I quite like it.

(I'm searching for fire!)
(I'm searching for fire!)
Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

I feel it in the violence;
Are you grating me? Risking life for me?
Are you raping me? Making love to me?
I feel it in the way you speak
The spark in your eyes proves a hole in your speech
I guess you sound too good to be true
But the lust that you bring kills the lust that I bleed!

Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

Come on and sing!
Come on and sing!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 11/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/01/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 27 January 2015 00:51:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 11 - RICHER POORER

UserPostedImage
Length: 4:20
Songwriters: Edward Barát, Joel Little, Callum Steiner

Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..

Richer poorer die the same
Money's just a tattered ring
It's complicated it shows no bounds
God only knows where this money was found

The backstreet boy didn't want to be saved
Was living on his own with only words to save
He stops and stares at a new found trend
These five words written on his cardboard pin

Little girl crying at the heart of the scene
Living by a stone with all her hopes to leave
She stops and stares because it's only a dream
Little does she know that she was half asleep

Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..

Big man waiting left a great big scar
Money left him wanting, left him all alone
He stops and stares because he needs a change
Little does he know of what's about to begin

Young wife sitting there wasting time
Sitting there looking at the perfect crime
She stops and stares at what has already been
The five words written all over again

Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..

Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..
Ah..Ah..Ah..

Edited by user 27 January 2015 05:46:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 27/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 27 January 2015 05:48:31(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACK 12 - HAVE A LIFE

UserPostedImage
Producers: Tat Tong, Brandon Rogers
Length: 3:21

Playing re-runs in my head
Same old line, can't remember what you said
Sick of fake apologies, woah-oh
Gonna take a stand, and tell you what it's like to be

Alone in mediocrity
In a world where no one else can see
My disenchanted dreams of being real
And I wondered if you'd ever know
The time it took for me to grow
From what I was to who I couldn't be

Gonna leave you here tonight
Gonna make it all feel right
At least right now
I'm never looking back 'till I can say
I cried a world of tears
But now it's drowning all my fears
In bittersweet revenge
And now it's time to start it up again
Have a life…

Playing re-runs in my head
Seen this one before, don't remember how it ends
I give all I have to give
I give it all to you, it's day when you're meant to be

Alone in mediocrity
In a world where no one else can see
My disenchanted dreams of being real
And I wondered if you'd ever know
The time it took for me to grow
From what I was to who I couldn't be

At least right now
I cried a world of tears
In bittersweet revenge
Have a life…

At least right now
I cried a world of tears
In bittersweet revenge
Have a life…
Have a life...

PRE ORDER 'DETONATE NOW'! ALBUM OFFICIALLY IN STORES 2/2/14!!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/01/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/01/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 27 January 2015 20:50:16(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Edward, I told you this before, you're one of the most reliable pop singers on radio right now, the quality of this music is really impressive, I have two top favorites, first 'Unholy Ones' which by the way I commented before and 'Tongues', there's a ferocity in this last one which reminds me of myself. You're one of those singers who combine sexiness and maturity on your music, I'm a fan already. Fucking great man!

OOC: Congrats for another marvelous work!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 28 January 2015 00:57:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: Edward, I told you this before, you're one of the most reliable pop singers on radio right now, the quality of this music is really impressive, I have two top favorites, first 'Unholy Ones' which by the way I commented before and 'Tongues', there's a ferocity in this last one which reminds me of myself. You're one of those singers who combine sexiness and maturity on your music, I'm a fan already. Fucking great man!

OOC: Congrats for another marvelous work!

Edward: Thank you so much Julia. Certainly means a lot that you'd give me the time a day to listen to my album. Haha, I wouldn't like to call myself a 'pop' artists. I don't like to pigeon hold myself I'd just call myself a musician. You know? Tongues and Unholy Ones are my favorites too...thanks, oh not to mention you are the epitome of sexiness ;). See you around !

OOC: Thank you!!! :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 28 January 2015 06:16:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

CHOOSE EDWARDS NEXT SINGLE!

UserPostedImage

With days away until Edward Barat's debut album hits stores, the showman is giving his fans the chance to choose the next single to impact radio and digital outlets On February 2nd, the same day the album is released! What song do you feel should join the likes of smash hits Fucked It Up Again, Unholy Ones and most recently Someone To Watch Over Me? Nominate 1 to 2 songs and why you feel like it should be the next single! Don't forget to purchase Detonate on February 2nd!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Realms Of Darkness on 28/01/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 28 January 2015 06:30:05(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17930 time(s) in 10422 post(s)
Erica: "someone to watch over me. "Because who doesn't like some urie? These two are cute and should totally should be a couple. I'm a girl,and this sort of thing is important to me! Though on a non ovary bursting note, "richer poorer". As an armchair revolutionary,I love social commentary.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#16 Posted : 28 January 2015 07:10:18(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Brandon: Let me first say you've got an amazing album on your hands here very different from most of today's music love the lyrics to almost every song and I like how almost everyone has a different meaning and how we can tell that you relate to just about every song on the album so onto the next singles I really love Gin & Juice every song on this album is great but I can picture this one being played quite a bit on the radio you know? Also I love when an artist releases a personal single and if they can make it sound fun in a way that's definitely a plus so my second choice has to be Hate The Way This Hurts anyway once again great job on this album and good luck with whatever gets released as the next single
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline BrownSugar  
#17 Posted : 28 January 2015 09:41:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Christopher: Brilliant album, man. Love the whole sound of the record and I can honestly say that there isn't one bad track on here. Love it! Oh and Tongues for the next single.

ooc: So nice to see Edward finally get around to releasing his album. I know it has been a long time coming and I remember you telling me a while back that you were struggling to write for him so it's lovely to see the final product. Although the style itself is not my usual thing, I definitely enjoyed reading this RP and seeing the development of Edward as an artist. My favourite is between Unholy Ones and Tongues :) Great job here.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#18 Posted : 29 January 2015 03:57:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Slay my future gay husband! Heheh. I love your theatrical take on pop music, toootally up my street, honey. "Richer Poorer" is brilliant and has a great message, but I agree, "Tongues" HAS to be the next single. But I mean, you don't have to take any notice of me... I'll still love ya and this album. Congrats! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 29/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#19 Posted : 29 January 2015 10:45:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Slay my future gay husband! Heheh. I love your theatrical take on pop music, toootally up my street, honey. "Richer Poorer" is brilliant and has a great message, but I agree, "Tongues" HAS to be the next single. But I mean, you don't have to take any notice of me... I'll still love ya and this album. Congrats! :)

Edward: Thank you sweetie! I definitely try to give my own spin on music to keep it edgy, different and meaningful. I'll definitely keep your choices in mind! Also, loving your record!!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Christopher: Brilliant album, man. Love the whole sound of the record and I can honestly say that there isn't one bad track on here. Love it! Oh and Tongues for the next single.

ooc: So nice to see Edward finally get around to releasing his album. I know it has been a long time coming and I remember you telling me a while back that you were struggling to write for him so it's lovely to see the final product. Although the style itself is not my usual thing, I definitely enjoyed reading this RP and seeing the development of Edward as an artist. My favourite is between Unholy Ones and Tongues :) Great job here.

Edward: Thank you Christopher. You were one of the first people to actually hear some of the record before it came out in full haha. Glad you like the whole thing, miss ya! We should hang out soon again :)

OOC: I KNOW RIGHT!!! And literally out of no where I got all these ideas for him and now an entire album. I love this character now, my first openly gay character and I'm glad I've gotten to develop him. It's been a while that his name has been floating around. I needed to do him justice. Thanks so much :)

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Brandon: Let me first say you've got an amazing album on your hands here very different from most of today's music love the lyrics to almost every song and I like how almost everyone has a different meaning and how we can tell that you relate to just about every song on the album so onto the next singles I really love Gin & Juice every song on this album is great but I can picture this one being played quite a bit on the radio you know? Also I love when an artist releases a personal single and if they can make it sound fun in a way that's definitely a plus so my second choice has to be Hate The Way This Hurts anyway once again great job on this album and good luck with whatever gets released as the next single

Edward: That has been noted, Brandon! Thanks sweet heart:) those are personal favorites of mine and it blows me away that you've got such nice things to say but you know, I knew this would go over well ;). I try to be different. I don't want people to be able to put a finger on what I do. I want to make it fresh and unorthodoxed so I'm happy you notice that! Hopefully those singles make the cut. Thanks for listening!!

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: "someone to watch over me. "Because who doesn't like some urie? These two are cute and should totally should be a couple. I'm a girl,and this sort of thing is important to me! Though on a non ovary bursting note, "richer poorer". As an armchair revolutionary,I love social commentary.

Edward: Luckily for you, the video for the James Urie collab will be coming out soon ;). love Richer Poorer as well! Might just be the next single. Thanks !

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 31 January 2015 17:07:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Cara: So many great albums getting released at the same time, I'm struggling to keep up! But this is probably the most unique that I've heard so far. It's exactly my kind of record. I mean, I think the album starts off with a bang because "Finish the Fight" and "Fucked it Up Again" are two standout tracks, risky move putting them as the openers, It set the bar really high, but it worked because the rest of the album followed with that same quality. I think the range of genres gives the album such a fucking huge wide appeal, you'll get all kinds of people listening to the album and I think that's great because I think you can do it all, I mean with that voice there's no denying that you can basically do whatever you wanna do musically.

You've got your haters too, haven't we all?! haha but that's also a good thing, you divide opinion and I think it's better this way because subconsciously it pushes you to prove people wrong and I think you've done that here with this album. Those that doubt you can doubt you, but you created a really great album and you've backed up your confidence in your own ability and proven that you're a fucking superstar. And I'd very much like to have drinks with you sometime! ;)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/02/2015(UTC)