logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#21 Posted : 02 February 2015 03:24:57(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Cara: So many great albums getting released at the same time, I'm struggling to keep up! But this is probably the most unique that I've heard so far. It's exactly my kind of record. I mean, I think the album starts off with a bang because "Finish the Fight" and "Fucked it Up Again" are two standout tracks, risky move putting them as the openers, It set the bar really high, but it worked because the rest of the album followed with that same quality. I think the range of genres gives the album such a fucking huge wide appeal, you'll get all kinds of people listening to the album and I think that's great because I think you can do it all, I mean with that voice there's no denying that you can basically do whatever you wanna do musically.

You've got your haters too, haven't we all?! haha but that's also a good thing, you divide opinion and I think it's better this way because subconsciously it pushes you to prove people wrong and I think you've done that here with this album. Those that doubt you can doubt you, but you created a really great album and you've backed up your confidence in your own ability and proven that you're a fucking superstar. And I'd very much like to have drinks with you sometime! ;)

Edward: Wow Cara, thanks so much for the kind words! I've worked so hard on this album and I'm glad it's out and its getting these amazing reviews! Seriously, thank you so much. Yes, I do have my haters but fuck them! :P you are too sweet Cara. Let's have a drink anytime!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#22 Posted : 13 April 2015 06:29:24(UTC)
Famouss7x7

BE SURE TO SUPPORT EDWARD'S NEWEST SINGLE 'TONGUES'! THE SINGLE IS IN STORES NOW!

UserPostedImage
Producers: Chris Corner
Length: 4:31
Songwriters: Edward Barát, Emily Blackwood
Genre: Synth Rock, Electronic Rock
Label: Songs To Live and Die By
Release Date: 4/5/15
From The Album: DETONATE

Career wise, Edward Barát has certainly detonated as his debut album suggests. The 24 year old, who's name had been floating as early as 2011 has since really made a name for himself in 2014, and came roaring into the new year (2015) with his album, the critically acclaimed debut effort DETONATE. The album topped numerous genre types alike and has already been certified platinum with just a few weeks release. Barát, prior to the album has been revving up for a release with successful singles such as "F*cked It Up Again" the leading single from the album, which truly introduced the public to Barát as a serious musician followed by Unholy Ones, which became a massive hit among the public and the charts topping all Airplay Charts and staying atop the Digital Charts for two weeks. The record has since become Edward's signature record. Edward followed this up with dream collabration record "Someone To Watch Over Me" which featured fellow rock star James Urie. The single was also successful reaching as high as the #5 position. A healthy standing for promotional cut from the album. The success however does not stop there. Just a month later, Reese Hollinsworth and Edward teamed up for a collaboration entitled "Love Me Back". The collaboration became an instant success. Easily topping the charts and giving Edward his second #1 record. Following all of the success, choosing a followup single is rather tough to do so why not let the audience choose? The showman gave the ultimate voice to his supporters to choose the next single from the album and after weeks of voting, the single that was chosen collectively by The Showman's fans was Tongues.

"Tongues" is the third official single but fourth overall by recording artist Edward Barát taken from the musician debut studio album DETONATE. This single, follows promotional single "Someone To Watch Over Me" featuring James Urie and was chosen by the public after Edward gave his fans the freedom to vote for the next single from the album. "Tongues" is of course performed by Edward and was produced by rock producer Chris Corner and was written by Barát and Emily Blackwood. The song itself ranges for three minutes and twenty five seconds and will be released on March 15th, 2014 to digital outlets and radio with distribution from Edward's label, Songs To Live And Die By. The record itself, surges through the genre's of Synth Rock, Alternative Rock, and electronic rock and speaks of a confusing lover. Edward sings over a bouncy bassline enhanced by burping synths, a heavy bassline and a massively catchy chorus that doesn't sound like anything currently on the radio. Edward, in his signature sensual vocals sings throughout the record about a lover who is confusing, a liar, dominating and even reaches the point of full on abusive but the attraction and lust that the other has for this dominating partner consumes all of their perception of what is right and what is totally wrong but in a way this partner is oddly showing their love through these actions and confuses Edward and that is why he sings out that they are speaking on tongues, a language he has not learned. The unorthodoxed manner of the record is nothing new to Edward as his previous releases all have hinted at lyrical content that could be studied and perceived in different ways. The record, which is not your typical rock or pop record continues to set Edward away from the pack as he gets ready to tour in 2015 and continue to promote his critically acclaimed album currently in stores! Here is, Tongues!

Tongues

You're the master of pain, the author of lies.
What are you feeding me next?
Something in vain? Just to be nice?
Something to hold me against?
Your violent love is smothering me,
I've never felt so safe.
Just don't take for granted the promise we made,
Reassure me if you meant it.

This must be breaking, dominating,
This must be raping, violating.
How do I stand this?
Truth is, I quite like it.

You're talking in tongues; how can I decide,
Is this for me or the other side?
I can't decode you, your mind,
You're talking in tongues.
Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

Drunk on my taste, fixed on my eyes.
So this is your ecstasy?
Then why don't you stay? You want more from life?
What is this shit that you speak?
I don't mind the pain, not this certain kind,
But think of me before you go
And find a new soul, feed my jealousy.
Anymore and I will lose control

This must be breaking, dominating,
This must be raping, violating.
How do I stand this?
Truth is, I quite like it.

(I'm searching for fire!)
(I'm searching for fire!)
Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

I feel it in the violence;
Are you grating me? Risking life for me?
Are you raping me? Making love to me?
I feel it in the way you speak
The spark in your eyes proves a hole in your speech
I guess you sound too good to be true
But the lust that you bring kills the lust that I bleed!

Let me hear you sing,
Come on and sing.

Come on and sing!
Come on and sing!

Sounds Like: You Stick It In Me - IAMX

Edited by user 13 April 2015 06:49:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 13/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 13/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 13/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#23 Posted : 13 April 2015 06:40:54(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
karoliena: this...this was a little hot. i dont know if its supposed to be,but there is something to be said for a dominating lover.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 13/04/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#24 Posted : 13 April 2015 11:52:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
karoliena: this...this was a little hot. i dont know if its supposed to be,but there is something to be said for a dominating lover.

Edward: Dominating in what sense? In Tongues I talk about a dominating lover not only physically but mentally too....with a little hint of bedroom domination of course ;P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#25 Posted : 13 April 2015 12:00:30(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Karoliena:only in the closed doors sense.outside of the chamber? we're going to have issues if someone tries bossing me around. but behind those closed doors? i want someone to break me. if they cant? they do not deserve my love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#26 Posted : 14 April 2015 01:34:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Karoliena:only in the closed doors sense.outside of the chamber? we're going to have issues if someone tries bossing me around. but behind those closed doors? i want someone to break me. if they cant? they do not deserve my love.

Edward: You're a feisty lover Karoliena, I like it ;)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#27 Posted : 14 April 2015 02:02:35(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Edward: You're a feisty lover Karoliena, I like it ;)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/04/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#28 Posted : 14 April 2015 09:50:31(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Naomi: Damn Edward I see you with your sexy self releasing this sexy song I always knew you were a little freak ;) but for real this song is about to slay everybody and everything so happy everyone voted for this one such a great choice
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#29 Posted : 14 April 2015 09:58:30(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3961 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Adam: Yes, I am so happy this was your choice it's my favourite from your album, I am downloading this asap!
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#30 Posted : 14 April 2015 14:20:21(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Adam: Yes, I am so happy this was your choice it's my favourite from your album, I am downloading this asap!

Edward: Then that's a good thing, Adam ;)

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Naomi: Damn Edward I see you with your sexy self releasing this sexy song I always knew you were a little freak ;) but for real this song is about to slay everybody and everything so happy everyone voted for this one such a great choice

Edward: I'm more than a freak let me tell you, I have some stories! But thank you, this is definitely one of my favorite songs from the album so if was really nice seeing it go over so well with the fans
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#31 Posted : 16 April 2015 10:53:45(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: Sorry I'm so late on this!

Faith: Out of all the songs on the album, this one was by far my favorite, and I was so excited to hear that you were going to release it as a single. The synth rock sound is a really great fit for you, especially since there are very few other artists producing the same sound as you are. Plus, this song... I feel it, you know what I mean? I totally understand exactly what it's saying. It's hard to find songs like this that resonate the way this one does. Great job, Edward! Love having you at Songs to Love and Die By!
Offline DistortedAudio  
#32 Posted : 17 April 2015 12:19:00(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Twitter wrote:
ReviewsForWolves: Don't usually like Edward Barat's output but Tongues is actually a really good song. We don't say that a lot around here but those vocals, over that beat is the type of shit that I expect to see from you assholes.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Famouss7x7  
#33 Posted : 27 July 2015 02:25:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

GIN & JUICE

UserPostedImage
Producers: Joel Little
Length: 3:40
Songwriters: Edward Barát
Label: Songs To Live And Die By
Release Date: July 27th, 2015

Gin & Juice is the newest single by recording Edward Barat. This single will be the 5th and final single off of Edward Barát's DETONATE album and will impact radio stations and digital retailers on July 27th, 2015 from Edward's current label, Songs To Live and Die By. On the album, the previous record, which was "Fucked It Up Again" gave listeners a general feeling of sadness and vulnerability, but things change with Gin & Juice. Although the record stays with the slow to mid tempoed bassline with atmospheric vibes and synth and electro driven backing beat but the overall attitude of track three is rather different from the two previous tracks on the album. Gin & Juice takes a rather different approach lyrically and is a carefree record about getting drunk and forgetting about your current situations in life, but instead to go out and enjoy life because quite frankly, you only live once. Gin & Juice's early stages came back in September when Edward was in Europe recording the album, and one Friday night after feeling upset about a certain situation went out to a pub and got rather drunk. At the end of the night, on the way back to his hotel he sat in the back of a taxi and just had this instant inspiration to write a record based on the night that he had and the main drink that he had, which was Gin & Juice. On the 20 minute write to the hotel, Edward actually was able to finish the song almost in entirety and at a scheduled studio session with the tracks producer, Joel Little, got in the studio and laid the vocals down over the production and the results were absolutely stunning. The track is a carefree slice of alternative and electropop music that has Edward sing clearly about living free and drunken. When listening to the track you might even a sense of happiness and freeness as Edward sings clearly and well over the catchy track. Although the sound is rather unorthodoxed, it's general production and vocal arrangement can find itself on both alternative and mainstream radio stations. With it's catchy and synth driven clapping beats while Edward croons. The song opens up with those beats and Edward then starts singing. Here, Edward is singing the lyrics in a way in which it sounds as if he is talking to the listener and generally telling them a story of a night out of enjoyment as if he is sitting next to the listener. Many fans could be able to connect with Gin & Juice, and if not could generally enjoy the general sounds and vocals of track three on Detonate.

See, the thing with Gin & Juice and why I love it is because of where it derived from. This wasn't the type of track that came about when I was at the studio brainstorming with a group of writers or something like that but it was really spur of the moment and after we recorded it, I knew it had to be on the album. I love the way it came out. We all have those drunken nights, especially the nights when you are angry and and you just want to go out and have a good time and forget about all the unhappiness and even depression, so why not have some Gin & Juice. I love the carefree nature that came out of this, and surprisingly, it's not the type of cliche party track but is rather laid back. I like that, because I want my listeners to be able to connect with me and absorb the situation and lyrical content. Lyrically, I know it is not my strongest piece of work because I was totally drunken when the song was written but it also works too, because it's easier to understand what the song is about and easier to feel my general feeling of carefree in the song. Love this one here. Gin & Juice.

Gin & Juice

All this gin and juice on my lips
Nothing could be better than this
Going around the cities like the homeless
Meeting some strangers, smokers, druggies and players
You have a cigarette?
Yeah, of course, you naughty boy

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

It's too easy to be wrong and bad
If I'm wrong then I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and doped?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in these nightly cities

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

Oh that gin I had wasn't that bad, so I had some more
He passed me 100 euros, now we gotta get drunk
Such a badass
It's time to leave at last
Even forgot my shameful past
Maybe it's time to get drunk
What about gin and juice?

If I'm wrong then I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and doped?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in these nightly cities

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

Don't wake me up
I don't want to cry myself to sleep again
I just want to say goodbye to an unhappy era

Such a badass

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

If I'm wrong I don't wanna be right
Could you make me high and dope?
I'm too drunk to walk
So let's have a ride in nightly cities

Such a badass

OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh
OoooOoooh
OoooOooooh

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 27/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 27/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/07/2015(UTC)